(3) Shlisky J, Bloom DE, Beaudreault AR, Tucker KL, Keller HH, Freund-Levi Y, et al. Nutritional Considerations for Healthy Aging and Reduction in Age-Related Chronic Disease. Adv Nutr 2017;8(1):17-26.
(5) Alarcón-Riveros MA, Troncoso-Pantoja CA, Amaya-Placencia A, Sotomayor-Castro MA, Amaya-Placencia JP. Healthy eating in higher education students in southern Chile. Perspect Nut Hum. 2019;21(1):41-52.
(6) Becerra-Bulla F, Pinzón-Villate G, Vargas-Zarate M, Martínez-Marín EM, Callejas-Malpica EF. Changes in nutritional status and eating habits of university students. Rev Fac Med. 2016;64(2):249-256.
(8) Becerra Bulla F, Pinzón Villate G, Vargas Zárate M. Dietary practices of a group of university students and perceived difficulties in performing healthy eating. Rev Fac Med. 2015;63(3):457-453.
(11) Rangel Caballero LG, Gamboa Delgado EM, Murillo López AL. Prevalence of modifiable behavioral risk factors associated with noncommunicable diseases in Latin American university students: a systematic review. Nutr Hosp. 2017;34(5):1185-1197.
LEVELING COURSES CULMINATE
Pizza Hut was founded in 1958 by two brothers and college students, Dan and Frank Carney, who opened a pizzeria in Wichita, Kansas. When a friend convinced them they could open their own business, the two brothers borrowed about $600 from their mother to get it off the ground with an equity partner.
Denny’s does not close on vacations, or at night, except where required by law. Denny’s was founded under the name Denny’s Donuts in 1953 by Harold Butler in Lakewood, California. Butler expanded to 20 restaurants by 1959, at which time he renamed the chain to Denny’s. The business continued to grow and by 1981, there were more than 1,000 restaurants in all 50 U.S. states. In 1977 Denny’s introduced the still popular The Grand Slam Breakfast. In 1994, Denny’s became the largest corporate sponsor of Save the Children, USA.
Denny’s headquarters were located in Irvine, California until 1991. At that time the main office was moved to Spartanburg, South Carolina headquarters of Trans World Corporation who acquired Denny’s in 1987. Eventually, Denny’s operations dominated the parent company to such an extent that the Corporation, after several name changes, became simply Denny’s Corporation.
SP L SNEAKY SCHOOL HACKS FOR A TEST!
The calculation of energy content and macronutrients (carbohydrates, lipids and proteins) was made taking as a reference that 1 g of carbohydrates provides 4 kcal, 1 g of lipids provides 9 kcal and 1 g of proteins provides 4 kcal (22). The theoretical calculation of carbohydrate, lipid and protein content was performed according to the database of the RED PI-DIETA website (23). This tool refers to the amount of macronutrients and micronutrients per 100 g of food of the main foods in Mexico determined by bromatological studies.
To introduce the topic of snacks, it was necessary to recognize the conceptual aspects associated with the definition of a «snack», leaving an open question for this purpose. Figure 1 shows the most frequently mentioned concepts, where 30% of the students considered a snack to be a food consumed before main meals. Most of the responses agreed with the literature regarding the definition of a snack. In addition, we inquired about the frequency of snack consumption, resulting in 2.4±1.3 times a day. Subsequently, we inquired about the factors involved in the consumption and purchase of snacks (Figure 2). The factor that had the greatest impact was ‘Que se me antoje’ (67.1%).
HERBALIFEUseful nutritional tips for students
From a nutritional point of view, the objective of this project is to create university environments to train, educate and transfer knowledge in nutritional health to the entire university community (students, administrative and service staff and faculty). To foster and consolidate favorable conditions that make it easier and more attractive to make nutritionally healthy food choices with the intention of improving health and quality of life.
Half of the plate should be made up of vegetables and fruits (35% vegetables and 15% fruits), both fresh and cooked and the more varied the better. To meet this objective, it is recommended to eat at least one vegetable dish a day, for example at lunch or dinner, and a minimum of 2 servings of fruit daily. This ensures an adequate intake of vitamins, minerals, fiber and water.
A fourth part of the plate should be made up of whole grains, which provide starch and fiber: wheat, barley, oats, rye, fonio, spelt, etc. It would be formed by the group of all types of whole grain breads, rice, pasta and potatoes. The slow-release complex carbohydrates contained in these whole grains prevent insulin peaks.